Thursday, March 29, 2007

First Watercolor in Mini Moleskine Watercolor Notebook



A few days ago I received my small Moleskine watercolor notebook in the mail. I don't have a lot of experience with watercolors but love the quick washes of color you can add to sketches with them. So here is my first quick attempt with them. I may have overworked it a bit but it's not too bad for my first time. I'm still working on figuring out color mixes (I bought six Winsor & Newton tube paints - they're quite spendy so I just got the basics).

So far I love working with the little Moleskine notebook. It perfectly fits what I was looking for in a sketch notebook - lots of pages, paintable on both sides, ink and watercolor does not bleed through, and very tiny. I found one online for about $13 with shipping included which I thought was reasonable for 30 sheets (60 pages both sides). Until I found it I was seriously considering buying watercolor paper, cutting it, and trying to bind a little notebook myself. Nice to not worry about it now - it just would have been another excuse to put off sketching.

No comments: