Monday, November 19, 2012

Instant Slippers

At the end of October we had a little cold snap. In the mornings before putting on socks my feet were frigid. As knitters are known to do, I felt I needed to cast on for something RIGHT THEN to rectify the situation. Amazingly, I was able to knit these in a day. It made for a pretty rapid progression from "Feet cold. Knit. Feet warm." (I don't really know why my inner knitter voice sounds like a cartoon caveman, but there you go.)
Duffers - Revisited

I used some Cascade Eco and Eco + wool I had leftover from other projects.  Hooray for using stash. I thought the yarn would be bulky enough, but if I had it to do over again, I would go ahead and hold the yarn double to make a cushier slipper. I also was a bit surprised that the slippers fit a bit more like ballet flats and covered less of the top of the foot than I was expecting. I'm not sure if I made a size smaller and doubled the yarn if it would have to shrink less to get down to size, thus, covering more of my foot? Does that even make sense?

In any case, they still manage to keep my bare feet warm and are delightful to pull on over a pair of socks as well.

No comments: