Saturday, August 25, 2012

Roxborough Dolman - Success!

Whew.
I won't lie. I was a little bit nervous about this one. This style of shirt is supposed to be slouchy but I snugged it up just a touch with a slightly tighter gauge than what the pattern suggested. I also used a different yarn because I just couldn't quite get on board with a tee made of alpaca. Let me tell you, the Knit Picks Comfy fingering weight feels like a dream knit up for this. It's Pima cotton so it's so, so soft but the addition of acrylic, *gasp* yes acrylic helps it keep its' shape and adds enough sproing that it was comfortable to knit. 
Roxborough Dolman

The side boob view (yes, I have the comedy sophistication of a four year old)
I don't know if this was the most flattering color choice for me, but the combination makes me smile. Sometimes that's the most important thing I think. I also think it's successful enough that I just might make some more warm weather knits - a category that, admittedly, has always made me a bit skeptical. That being said I'm pretty pumped for autumn and returning to all knitting things wooly. I've got plans I tell you, plans.


No comments: