Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My Mouth Is Officially Stupid

I wouldn't have guessed in a million years that I'd be writing a blog today. This morning at 8:00am I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. To be honest I was dreading it. Now I'm sitting here feeling silly for worrying about it so much. I honestly feel fine. By the time I got home I felt pretty much perfectly normal and am just taking it easy to be safe. Pain-wise doctors have always told me I have a high pain tolerance but seriously, I must be really lucky because I've had migraines and canker sores that made me hurt much worse than this. So I've just taken an ibuprofen to be safe but I don't think I'll worry about taking the harder prescriptions. I've got them if I need them but cross your fingers, so far so good.

The thing that's really killing me is this whole cold liquid diet thing. Literally two minutes after I got home I started trying to weasel my way into some real food. I keep trying to convince my family that cold fried chicken is cold, so it meets one of the doctor's criteria, right?

But really, I am going to be good and force myself to be careful and relax the next couple of days just to make sure everything heals well. So, if any of you out there haven't had your wisdom teeth out yet and are dreading - really, don't - the worst part about the whole deal was how bad I was feeling before the surgery worrying myself about it.

No comments: