Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sock Parade: Purple Socks Lead to Insanity

Pink socks - check. Rainbow socks - check. So that leaves only one pretty color left.

The Socks that Tried to Launch A Thousand Stitches
I ordered Knit Picks Duchess Heather to scratch my daughter's purple itch. I didn't give it much thought until I opened the box and saw this color in person. Oh. My. Goodness. Pictures don't do justice to how rich and heathery this color is.

While knitting these socks I just kept thinking about how nice a sweater this color would be. Then, insanity set in. I started thinking about how nice a Still Light tunic would be. A tunic - out of fingering weight yarn. The truly crazy part - I've made one already so I know how much knitting is involved.

I promise I'm not angry, just awkward getting my picture taken.

Looking at my project notes I see that it only took, oh, a YEAR to knit the thing. Don't get me wrong - it is a very lovely thing that I wear all the time. Man, though, that is a commitment - especially when you've knit one already.


In the end, I managed to make it through the socks without ordering a boatload of yarn. However, I have to say, every time my daughter wears these socks I wage a small battle with myself. So far, reason has prevailed - but if this color goes on sale I may not be able to be held accountable for my actions.

No comments: